One of the biggest concerns for modern house owners is Space. In such scenario, a bi-fold door is a blessing in disguise. A bi-fold door is a door that slides wide open from the middle instead of swinging open like the normal doors do. The door is made from a series of panels that folds up against the wall. The door is gaining a lot of popularity as it gives great dimension to people seeking stylish and practical solutions to their door.
A variety of bi-fold doors are available in the market. The bi-fold doors commonly available in the market are made of materials such as wood, UPVC, and aluminium. A readymade bi-fold is easy to install and clean. A custom door is a better choice if you want to bring out your taste of personal space and creativity. In bringing out the perfect bi-fold door for your house, there are certain things you need to consider. Now, let us dig deeper to find out some of the things to remember while choosing a bi-fold door.
• The first thing you need to understand is to make sure that you have measured out space accurately. Doing this, you can find the right door to suit the space that is available. Depending upon the space available, you can fix the doors to open inwards or outwards.
• These doors give you the option to be fixed in internal or external rooms. Bi-fold doors are best suited for small space rooms like laundry, kitchen pantry. They are also ideal for any connecting rooms such as dining room, living room and other rooms that open to courtyard or gardens.
• Make sure that your custom door finds the right design that matches the décor of the house. For example, if you have a traditional home, try to find the design and colour that matches. Or if you have a modern home, improvise some modern vibe that can match the style of the house.
• It is important to know your budget. The doors are also available in various range of prices. If any additional cost is well within your budget, you can go for blinds that can give you privacy and shade to the rooms the doors are fitted in. Blinds are also available in a range of colours and style.
• You will need to ensure that the door you choose for your house is up to the latest approved standards having a minimum of five to six lever key cylinders. To make it even more secure, if security is your sole concern, you will have to make sure that the hinges should be strong enough to survive break-in attempts.